How to Apply
If you’re interested in a career at Lubin Pham + Caplin LLP, send an email to email@example.com with your resume. If you’re applying for an attorney position, please include a recent writing sample. There’s no need for a cover letter.
In the subject of the email, write the job that you’re applying to. In the body of the email, restate the job you’re applying to and state your availability for an interview.
Get competitive pay, benefits, bonuses, great experience, AND work-life balance.
Lubin Pham + Caplin LLP is looking for an experienced associate attorney. You’ll work under a partner. You’ll be the primary contact point for opposing counsel and clients. You’ll take ownership of your cases and drive them toward resolution.
While you’ll work under the supervision of the Firm’s partners, this is an opportunity to develop true independent case management skills. You’ll get to develop your own solutions with guidance from a partner. This position requires diligence, excellent legal research and writing skills, and the willingness to learn.
A Broad Overview of What You Will Be Doing:
- You’ll work directly under one or more of the Firm’s partners performing all aspects of civil litigation.
- You’ll prepare pleadings and discovery.
- You’ll research the law and write great motions.
- You’ll appear at hearings, take and defend depositions, and second or third chair trials.
- We prefer that you have strong writing skills. If not, be open to learning and be willing to put in substantial effort to become a good writer.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Base Salary (~$90k)
- Monthly and Annual Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Matching
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy
- OneMedical Membership
- TeleDoc Membership
- Kindbody Membership
- Talkspace Mental Health Therapy Membership
- Flexible Vacation/PTO
- Fast-Paced but Collegial Environment
- The Opportunity to Take Ownership of Your Cases
- Excellent Mentors
- A Real Partner-Track
- Conduct a thorough preliminary analysis of probable case outcomes and determine viable claims using knowledge of legal precedent and applicable state statutes
- Evaluate findings from preliminary analysis, develop strategies to meet client’s objectives, and develop arguments in anticipation of trial
- Advise clients about legal rights and duties, claim viability, and associated risks and benefits related to prosecuting or defending civil lawsuits
- Interpret laws, legal precedent, and regulations for individuals
- Represent clients from inception of the case at the prelitigation stage through the litigation stage
- Make oral arguments, select jurors, and examine witnesses during trial
- Prepare legal briefs and motions
- Prepare discovery for cases
- Conduct legal research
- Prepare, draft, and review legal documents, including settlement agreements, grant deeds, leases, sale/purchase agreements, Homeowner Associations’ governing documents
- Negotiate settlements at the prelitigation stage and the litigation stage for civil disputes
- Present oral and written evidence to defend clients or prosecute opposing parties in civil litigation
- Supervise law clerks, legal assistants, and paralegals
- Defend and take depositions of parties and witnesses throughout the litigation process
- Attend site inspections to analyze and evaluate property at issue in cases
- Attend mediation with clients at the prelitigation stage
- Perform administrative and management tasks related to the practice of law
- Confer with colleagues to establish the best legal strategies for the case, review anticipated court deadlines to ensure the deadlines are met, and ensure that the client has been apprised of any developments in the case.
- The employee can telecommute.
- Requires Juris Doctor Degree
- Admission to the California Bar
- +12 months of post-bar experience practicing law.
- At least 1 year of experience practicing real estate law, with proficiency litigating against homeowner association’s violations of the Davis-Stirling act, Fair Employment and Housing Act, and Unruh Act
THIS JOB LISTING IS POSTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE FILING OF A PERMANENT ALIEN LABOR CERTIFICATION APPLICATION AND ANY PERSON MAY PROVIDE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE BEARING ON THE APPLICATION TO:
U.S. Department of Labor,
Employment and Training Administration,
Atlanta National Processing Center
233 Peachtree Street, NE., Suite 410,
Atlanta, GA 30303